Friday, May 25, 2007

I am a...Republican???

I was called by a opinion poller about an hour ago. In the poll, the lady asked me whether I was Republican, Democrat, or Independant. My entire life I would have answered Independent or even Libertarian. But today for the first time in my life I answered Republican.

Why? For one reason only... Ron Paul!!! He has made it clear that he intends to open the GOP back up to people such as myself that support smaller government. Since he is making a serious effort to do this, I will make a serious effort to call myself a Republican and help he get to the White House.

How many others are there out there that have left the GOP or never joined it not becuase you liked the Democrats better, but becuase you did not think see the difference between the two? I imagine as more people like myself start identifying as Republicans the polls are going to start showing a huge upswing in Ron Paul support.

No comments: